Monday, September 1, 2008

Bull vs Bear

I'd often ask myself, "What's the difference between bull and bear?" in terms of economy and market talk. I never realized the answer was so clear to me than just parallel it to Chicago sports. When you think of the Bulls, you think of good things. 6 championships, etc. But the Bears?? Horrible. Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman?

'Bull' is an optimistic outlook while 'bear' refers to a pessimistic market viewpoint.

The Chicago Bulls of the mid 1990's. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, The Shot, Steve Kerr, et cetera. Good thoughts.

The Bears. Monsters of the Midway during the mid 80's but during the Bulls reign of supremacy, the Bears were horrible. I know the Bulls this year sure sucked, but you get my point, don't you?

No comments: